Naku. first time ko maga-out of town with the bloggers.
Naimbitahan po kasi ang inyong lingkod na mag-cover ng isang event sa 4rd district of Quezon. Balita ko, cooking contest ito na gagamit ng Goat Meat at Guinea Fowl. Tunog pa lang, masarap na. Magja-judge ata ang grupo ng bloggers kasama ng pag-cover ng Fiesta doon.
Sa totoo lang, hindi ko maintindihan ang details. Buti na lang, isang dating kasama sa Lasalle Aspirancts ang mga nagpadala ng sulat. Sobrang excited ako na makita siya ulit.
Tapos, meron pa daw fun run na gaganapin. Sabi ng coach ko, tatakbo daw sila doon. FYI po, ang coach ko na si Coach Adrian Arcaya ay tubong Quezon. Southern Treaders ang team namin at tatlo ata sa team namin ang tatakbo doon. Gusto ko rin sana tumakbo. Sana, may race kit sila para sa akin.
Eto nga pala ang kanilang festival schedule.
BonPen Festival 2011
Discover the beauty of the 3rd District of Quezon Province in a unique tourism festival on October 28-29, 2011. The two-day festival is designed to promote the people’s awareness on the current environmental concerns and inspire activism in protecting our planet while featuring the beautiful sites of the district’s twelve towns and promoting tourism in the area.
Events and ActivitiesOCTOBER 28, FRIDAY
- The Green Mile Tree Planting – the quest for the longest simultaneous road-side tree planting covering the twelve towns of the district. Tree seedlings will be planted along the more than 265 km highway. Confirmed guest is Hon. Jejomar C. Binay, Vice-President of the Philippines and the officials of Quezon Province. (Early Morning, Simultaneous Tree Planting in all the towns of the District).
- Konsiyerto para sa Kalikasan and Beerfest – a fund-raising concert featuring Kalayo Band (formerly Pinikpikan) and other professional bands coming together for the cause of the environment. (6:00 PM, DBES Open Grounds, Pitogo)
- AgriTrade Fair- an agricultural trade fair catering to tourists and locals interested in buying local produce and products. (Days 1 & 2, Pitogo, Quezon)
- Medical Mission Sponsored by Vice-President Jejomar C. Binay for the towns of Pitogo and Catanauan, mission includes medical check-up, dental procedures and optical consultations with free corrective eyeglasses and medicines. (6:00 AM, Municipal Plaza, Pitogo, Quezon)OCTOBER 29, SATURDAY
- Takbo at Padyak BonPen Para sa Kalikasan (BonPen Fun Run and Fun Ride for the Environment) – a fun run with 21km, 10km, 5km and 3km distances ending in the town of Pitogo. Expected number of participants is 3000-5000. (Fun Run: 5:00 AM, Pitogo Highway; Fun Ride Assembly: Padre Burgos Municipal Covered Court, P. Burgos, Quezon)
- Kulinarya BonPen 2011- cooking competition open to professional and apprentice chefs featuring produce from the 12 towns of the district. (11:00 AM RESMA, Unisan, Quezon)
- Mr. and Ms. BonPen 2011- a pageant participated by the most beautiful young men and women of the district. Winners of the pageant will be the official BonPen environmental ambassadors. (6:00 PM Quezelco-I Compound, Pitogo)
- Awarding of the Cleanest and Greenest Municipality – awarding of the winners for the cleanest and greenest municipality in the district which will be done during the pageant program. (6:00 PM Quezelco-I Compound, Pitogo)Festival Host
This year’s festival is hosted by the Municipality of Pitogo, the fourth town belonging to the gateway cluster of the district which welcomes the visitors coming from the National Capital Region. Pitogo is a coastal municipality which boasts of coconut farmlands, beautiful beaches and a fascinating seascape.Invitation
The festival is open to all who wish to see this hidden treasure in the heart of Quezon Province, experience the warm friendship of its people and be immersed in their unique culture. Investors are invited to explore possible business opportunities in this yet to be discovered mine. Media practitioners are most welcome to cover and feature their experience here.
BONPEN FESTIVAL 2011 SECRETARIAT |
SPECIAL PROGRAMS AND COMMUNICATIONS TEAM OFFICE
MOBILE NO. (0917) 894-6176 |
TELEFAX NO. (042) 318-8585
O sige, nagiimpake ako e. Pagbalik ko ng Manila, e-sports athlete naman ako. Pero sa ngayon, blogger on the go muna.
See you lator, Calculator!