OPM Week is celebrated annually on the last week of July; a few days before the “Buwan Ng Wika”. Signed into Executive Ordinance by the President Noynoy. It will become big this year, as being planned by Ogie Alcasid and its Organisasyon Ng Pilipinong Musikero.
How can a regular citizen like me prepare for it? How can we help? What can we do to celebrate it?
Here are my simple suggestions:
- CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE OPM ARTIST. Marami tayong Pinoy singers. From our rakistas like Bamboo, Wolfgang, to our Pop artists like Sarah G. May novelty singers like Vice Ganda. We have biriteras with Regine Velasquez. We have uncelebrated ones like Rap Salazar.
- RUN FOR IT. #PalakasinAngOPM. A Fun Run is scheduled on July 19 to celebrate OPM. Check Here.
- SHARE 4 SONGS ON FB. We can use social media to show support. Hanapin mo yung favorite songs ng dad and mom mo. I dare you to do this.
- Post your Mom/Dad’s favorite Pinoy song/singer
- Post your least favorite OPM song.
- Post an OPM song that best describes your feelings as of this moment.
- Post your favorite OPM of all time.
- BUY OPM ALBUMS. This is the best contribution that we can give. When was the last time you attended a Pinoy concert? Baka naman puro rave party ka na lang.
- CREATE YOU OWN OPM. Submit it to Himig Handog and other OPM contests. This may be your chance to be big.
Tara! Let us start celebrating OPM Music now.