Pang limang insertion na ba to? Hindi ko na mabilang e. Buti yung mga gumagawa ng title ng movie, nabibilang pa nila.
Starring Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and of course, Dwayne “The GREAT ONE” – “the most ELECTRIFYING MAN in all of entertainment” – “The People’s CHAMPION” – “The ROCK” Johnson.
Actually, pinanood ko siya dahil sa Scorpion King.
Biruin mo, dalawang kalbo, naggu-gulpihan. Sino nagsabing nakakatawa ang mga kalbo? Sa Pilipinas lang ata yun.
What I liked…
- Gusto ko ang car chase. Being a driver myself, gusto ko ng mga mabibilis na sasakyan. Gusto ko ng GPS. Gusto ko ng NOS. At syempre pa, hindi ako naniniwala sa automatic transmission.
- Masaya ang puns na binibitawan ni The Rock. Sinasabayan pa ng mga nakakatawang hirit ni Triple X – Vin Diesel.
- Syempre, sexy babes. Imposibleng may mga magagandang kotse na walang sexy babes. Imposible.
Favorite Lines – “We don’t ever, ever let them into their cars.”
New York City, the greatest city on Earth, is like any other city; it needs heroes. Gotham has Batman, The other side of New York has Spiderman, Smallville has Superman, and even Townsville has the Powerpuff Girls.
Enough about stupid science fiction and cartoons. Let’s talk about the real thing: cops. Personified through the greatness of Mace Windu and The Rock, the city of New York is safe, until the egos of these great cops are scathed, resulting to their death.
Somebody needs to step up. This is where Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg comes in. They are cops behind the desk who either refuses to get action or just failed once and is now stuck on being a grinder.
I love the part where:
- Eva Mendes shows up. She is hot.
- Mark Wahlberg dances. He can definitely pirouette
- Dwayne Johnson and Samuel Jackson jumps from the 20th floor. Aim for the bushes.
- Captain Jean quotes songs from TLC. Don’t go chasin’ Waterfalls.
The movie is filled with comedy and has hints of action. It gets serious on the end but you don’t really need to be too serious about it. Just laugh all the way and you’ll be ok.
It is true that the being in front of everything is something to look up to, but we must always remember to appreciate the people behind the curtain. The designers, the producers, cameramen, people who are not being appreciated all too well. Without them, the show could not really start in the first place.
I enjoyed the movie. 8 out of 10 for me.